- Submissions are open to any and all films in which motorcycles or motorcycling are intrinsic elements of the film. Film submissions that are about motorcycles or prominently feature motorcycles will be accepted for review.
- Motorcycle Film Festival accepts submissions only via the Film Freeway submission and film upload system.
- All films submitted are screened by the festival founder, festival programmer and the film festival screening committee using a scoring system that evaluates and assesses technique, execution, material, and originality.
- High scoring films will be entered into the festival as “Official Selections” and screened during the festival. Low scoring films will not be screened at the festival.
- Submission to the festival does not guarantee selection to the festival.
- Submissions that have been entered into the festival as “Official Selections” will be notified on our website and via email on July 15, 2016.
- Once notified, “Official Selections” must supply their film to the festival in a .MOV file format at 1920×1080 resolution.
- All films must be in English or subtitled in English.
- All payments and submissions must be received by deadline dates listed on Film Freeway. No exceptions will be made.
- All applicants must be 18 years of age or older, or have a legal parent or guardian submit a film on their behalf. We welcome all film talent, young and old.
- Submissions received late, incomplete, or broken may be disqualified.
Submission fees are payable through the Film Freeway payment systems and are non-refundable.
- Entrants are responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses, royalties, release forms, clearances, and permits necessary to present their work. Motorcycle Film Festival and our venue partners are not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work. In the event of copyright disputes, submissions or accepted films will be disqualified from the festival.
- Please monitor the email and phone number you used in your submission. This is how the festival will contact accepted films.
- “Official Selections” may bring and manage marketing and promotional materials to their own screening with prior permission from festival.
- Please carefully read Motorcycle Film Festival’s Terms & Conditions as well as the Disclaimer of Warranties below, prior to submitting to Motorcycle Film Festival.
Terms and Conditions
By entering or submitting to Motorcycle Film Festival, the entrant acknowledges his/her understanding and agrees to all festival Rules, Terms, Conditions, Guidelines, and Disclaimer of Warranties associated with the festival and listed below.
- The festival and our venues reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
- Submitters agree that clips from films and other materials related to their project may be used and/or published in the website, digital and print event programs, and for any promotional purposes deemed appropriate by the festival.
- Entries in our festival are void where prohibited by law.
- No screeners and/or promotional materials will be returned to the filmmaker, unless arranged in advance with the festival office via mail.
- If selected, all commercial/private property including all trademark/copyrighted materials shown or recorded are the responsibility of the filmmaker.
- The cost of delivery and pick-up of all materials is the responsibility of the filmmakers.
- The festival and any venues used, hold no responsibility for lost or damaged property.
- Screenings of accepted films are subject to delay and/or change at any time with or without prior notice.
- By submitting to this festival, the submitter agrees to the following:
Submitter owns or controls the copyright in and to this film, and is authorized to submit this film to Motorcycle Film Festival and to the best of their knowledge, all statements of the following statements are true; This film contains no material which could result in tort claims, royalty claims, claims for breach of contract, or claims of any sort whatsoever; If this film is selected for screening, Submitter grants the festival the right to screen this film; Submitter understands and agrees that this film entry, if selected by the Festival, may have elements used for promotional purposes for the Festival, and/or its partners and submitter grants the rights to use up to eight minutes of footage, photographic stills and/or titles and information from the film for promotional purposes; Submitter fully indemnifies and holds the festival, all screening venues and festival partners harmless from: a) damage to or loss of the film print, digital copy , DVD, BluRay, Hard Drive, DCP, or videotapes en route to or from the festival and/or during the course of festival or afterwards; and b) from any claims which may arise in connection with this film. If a claim arises in connection with this film, Submitter will bear all the costs of defense incurred and pay any award of damages which may ensue. Submitter also agrees to reimburse the festival for any attorney fees incurred in connection with the defense of any such claims.
- Submitter understands that the festival reserves the right to place my film in the appropriate competition category. By submitting my film, Submitter admits to understanding and agreeing to comply with and agree to the all Motorcycle Film Festival, and all partner venue Terms of Entry, general rules, and eligibility requirements.